I have a hose bib on pipe between pump discharge and filter. What is its purpose?

I do have a suction line for my Kreepy Krauley. If I set the valves to not draw from the skimmers, and only draw from the Kreepy, then position the Kreepy at the deep end, I think that would work to drain the pool. Maybe that's why the bib is there.

Thanks for that insight.

I have a hose bib on pipe between pump discharge and filter. What is its pur...

Some installers will add that bib there for pressure testing the plumbing prior to gunite. My PB installed a hose bib in that exact location and he asked me if I wanted it taken out. I told him I'd keep it.

It can be useful for slow drains while you let the equipment run. Since the hose bib is relatively small compared to the piping in the rest of the system, there's very little pressure loss. I've used it for doing slow drains (~5 gal/min flow rate through a standard garden hose) and I find it useful for bleeding air out of the piping that gets trapped when I open up the pump basket.

Mine is plastic so I suspect it will eventually start to leak. At that point I'll either remove it or replace it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.