Pump sounds like its on but no water flowing

Aug 2, 2014
Simi Valley, CA
Hi all!
First time poster-been an avid follower of the site since buying a house with a pool in January. Everything was going great...until today!
Short version:
After doing backwash today, put valve back to regular flow, turned on pump and added DE...all fine. An hour later noticed leak coming out of pump-turned off everything, re-tightened the basket lid and turned everything back on. Leaks out of several different valves and unions along the entire line. Turned off, re tightened everything I could find, and turned back on. Now it sounds like the pump is on, however water isn't flowing through the pump basket (which I did refill with water before restarting) and the filter isn't running at all (0 psi, and constant sound of air out of the manual bleeder). Also, spa drained down to 1/2 full (usually overflows to pool).
Any ideas or guidance would be welcome...freaking out without filter running because woke up this morning to algae and levels out of whack-trying to get everything under control but now the filter issue seems even bigger!
Thanks,
Bree

Thanks for the ideas-I checked all of the valves to make sure none were switched and turned everything back on- after about 2 minutes water finally started circulating again, however now I'm having leaks out of about 4 different places (under the pump, the air pressure reliever on top of the filter, one of the valves that I have to turn in order to turn on the spa, and some piping above-ground near the spa that I didn't even know existed). Also have bubbles coming out of the round self-cleaners on the floor of the pool. Reading the site I'm assuming that means I have air getting in somewhere? If I have air getting in the pump basket lid, could it cause leaks all over like that? Also filter PSI shot up to 35 (was around 15 after backwash) and the SWG doesn't seem to be working properly - salt level reading 2300 even when running filter continuously for 24 hours, with a new cell installed in April and cleaned yesterday. Not sure if the SWG issue is connected to the rest or if it's a separate problem entirely.
I was planning to thoroughly clean the o-ring of the pump basket lid and add some silicone lubricant and see if that does the trick.

This year, I discovered "Jacks Formula 327 Gasket Lube". I've been plagued with o-ring and gasket leaks every year when opening the pool. This stuff is used very, very sparingly, but it works great on all of those leaky points. I now assemble all pool parts with it and never a leak when buttoned up. It's pricey at $7 to $9 tube, but it's worth it for the time and frustration saved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.