FC: 7.0
CC: .5
PH: 8.0
TA: 90
CH: 520
CYA: 45
Borate: 50
CSI: 0.57

Water is crystal clear, I add muriatic acid once a week to keep PH at 7.5, it likes to settle around 7.9-8.0 But my concern is why CH gets higher and higher. I test CH once a month. On May 1st CH was 340, Jun 1st CH was 400, Jul 1st CH was 420, now its 520.???

I don't add any calcium products, only 32oz. of bleach once a day & 45-55oz of muriatic acid once a week. My home faucet water tested CH:70ppm. My guess, CH is coming from topping off pool every other day.

With CH that high, I need to keep PH on the low side to balance CSI at zero. But once again, my water is clear with the very high CH.

You guessed it. Water evaporates and leaves the calcium behind amongst other things. Then you fill the pool back up adding more calcium. Even a low CH fill water will still add to it over time. If the water is clear and you have no scaling then I wouldnt worry too much about it yet just be prepared.

You could run some guttering to the pool to catch rainfall to dilute it if your not wanting to drain and fill. The more rain the better but if you dont get any that wont help. The rain/guttering will also dilute your other parameters also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.