Cove piece out of place, repair?

Aug 2, 2014
Cambridge, MN
Apologies rookie here. I have just raised a used 24' round Vogue ABG pool and have discovered that a cove piece came out during the filling process. The pool is all full and the liner has stretched around this 3 inch half moon locking piece. I would hate to empty the pool as our season is already short here in MN.

So besides this obvious route, would anyone recommend either of the last these two options
1. Let it go and hope no one stubs their toe on this and the liner can put up with this strain for a year or two.
2. Put on my goggles and attempt and underwater repair. Cut the liner, quickly relocate piece back into place and then put a patch on the vinyl. I have repaired leaks underwater before.

This pool is v3.0 in my limited pool experience.

-Steve

Hi, welcome to TFP! I wouldn't try cutting the liner. The force of the water trying to exit the hole will probably enlarge the cut more than you want, plus it could wash away the sand base in that area leaving you with a bigger problem to fix.
Can you post a picture of the problem area? Maybe that will generate some more ideas.

Wow, first time I've ever seen a mention of a pool like mine! You're talking about the half moon shaped pieces that lock these together, right?
4602329508_887fc03869_n.jpg

If it just raised up out of it's slot a little, leave it alone. If it's completely out of the slot, like laying next to it or something, you'll have to drain and fix it. I know it's not what you want to hear, but I'm pretty sure that would eventually pose a problem.

Any way you can get a pic of it?

Thanks for your many words of wisdom.

Attempting a repair seems to be out of the question. Though I thought since I had that plastic cove and that 1 inch of the the white insulation board the water would not rush out. But yes, it still seems like a LOT of pressure. So I am going to let it ride until next spring unless of course something else happens. I will try tomorrow to take a pic and post here.

Cheddar85, that is the exact piece I have and it is that connecting half moon that is partially dislodged along with that rubber strip. It seems the back half is about an inch or so up. As I drag my toe along the bottom you can feel a rather sharp corner (very impressed with this 2 yr. old liner for not having already given way). I am afraid that some kid is going to be running along and hit their foot here. (I have 3 teenagers in the house along with their friends).

The bummer was I had about 1 foot of water in the pool last week when noticed this problem and so I drained it and and fixed it with duct tape along with a bunch of other ones that were partially dislodged but for some reason this one chose to pop out again. GRRRRR.

I had a couple raise up a half inch or so when we first installed the pool, and when we replaced the liner this year there was no noticeable damage to the liner in those spots. It was only three years (due to a cat putting pinholes around the water line), so I don't know how it will do long term.

When the time comes and you do have to replace the liner, try putting duct tape over them before putting the liner in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.