sending water jets into pool

May 30, 2007
chapel hill, NC
Wondering if any body has experience adding water jets to throw a water stream into the pool (fountain effect) I have an additional 1/2 horse pump laying around and was going to run a couple of lines for 3 fountain jets and to my slide to increase its water flow. thanks chris

I added jets, but not with a pump. When putting in a drip system for the landscaping around the pool, I discovered that the water features used on ponds use the 1/2 inch and 1/4 inch plumbing. I combined that knowledge with my desire to have a way to add water to my pool without having to drag a hose. I bought 2 iron frogs, placed them near the pool and hooked them up to my outdoor faucet using the drip tubing. Now I just turn the little lever at the faucet. They take a long time to add water so I can use them whenever I want. For fun or function. If this is something you are interested in seeing I can post pictures.

I rigged up a water jet into my above ground pool, I am not done tweaking it though. There is not much pressure, I am going to increase the diameter of the hose and reduce it at the end to try and get some volume behind it. I will mess with it over the next couple weekends as I get time. I need to get some poly hose and a 1/2 female adapter to thread the 3/8 male adapter into, unless they just make a reducer... Once I am happy with it I'll post pics. Ultimately I want it to be part of the deck that I hopefully will build at the end of the month.

I really dislike dragging hoses around. I also really wanted luminar jets for the pool. We were trying to reign in the spending a little bit, so those got nixed. That's what gave me the idea. Necessity is the mother of invention right.

As you can see from the pic., I divided the faucet into 4 separate faucets. One connection goes to my hanging hose reel, one goes to the drip/sprinkler system I put in, one goes to the fancy frog spitters, and one is for future use. For the frogs, I used 1/2 inch flexible tubing which runs half way between the two frogs, right behind the diving board in the picture. Then I connected 1/4 inch tubes to the two frogs.

I don't know much about water pressure, but I'm learning. My husband thinks I'm insane when I give him that blank stare when he's talking about all that. But I do know that when someone flushes a toilet in my house, the water from the frogs doesn't quite make it all the way into the pool! HA!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.