LifeTime Supporter
Jul 15, 2012
New Orleans, louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have been using the K-1000 and TF-100 for weekly testing and decided to take a sample to my pool retailer who is knowledgeable about pools and chemicals. Their results were not even close to what I have been getting with my kit. My numbers FC 2 Alk 70 cal. 240. Ph 7.8 and CYA. 52. Compared to FC 0. Alk 12. Cal 800+. Ph 7.8. And CYA 50.

I went ahead and adjusted the alkalinity based on the 70 to a target of 90 and will retest in a few hours. Should I disregard their readings altogether? I am using new reagents except for the calcium, but have noticed dime to quarter size raised spots that could be calcium deposits.

Pool is clear and no algae problems all season. Have a liquidator and in line tab chlorinator set at 1. Use poly quat 60 and clarifier weekly and pool size is 35k gallons.

Thoughts?

Yes disregard the stores testing. Trust your own testing !
Your FC is low for your CYA. you should be targeting an FC level of 8 and never below 4.
If you have a liquidator why are using an inline chlorinator ?? Also if you maintain the proper FC levels there is no need for the polyquat 60 or clarifiers. I suspect the reason you don't have algae is from the use of polyquat. Not because your FC is in range ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.