Help!! Frothy bubbles on top of water

Aug 2, 2008
My grandchildren got an above ground pool again this year. I thought I would install a saltwater system so the water would stay clean this year. I also installed a more powerful pump. The problem is when I run the saltwater system. Yellowish frothy bubbles form on top of the water and sit there. I can scoop them off and as long I only run the regular pump, they will not form, but if I turn on the salt generator back on they begin to form again. I thought it might be because the PH was too high, so I lowered it, and it has not made a difference. The pool water comes from a well, I don't know if that has any effect.

Can anyone give me some advice?

So that we can give you better advice, can you please post a full set of test results and also update your signature to include your pool equipment and specs.... Go to "User Control Panel" (top left) and then "Profile", and then "Edit Signature".

Welcome!

DGTURNER221 - welcome to TFP!!

Did you add any non - polyquat algaecide to the pool? The reason I ask is because some of the other algaecides will foam in salt water :shock:

Please do get the test results that FPM and post them for us (and also if and/ or what kind of algaecide you've used) :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.