Hillsborough, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Every time I use Borax to raise my PH, I pour what ever I need into a 5 gallon bucket of water and mix to dissolve before poring into the pool, but it never dissolve fully and usually left with a lot of borax in solid form. What's the best way to dissolve the Borax or apply it. Can I just sprinkle the borax directory into the pool?

Your fine doing it that way. Warm water helps some with the dissolving in the bucket. The rest of it will dissolve in the pool fairly quickly. Pour it slowly in front of the return with the pump running and leave it run for awhile. It'll dissolve.
If your PH is 7.2-7.8 your fine. ?

I thought maybe you had water like mine, since you have to use Borax to raise your pH. I have a well, and the pH happens to be around 4.5, so whenever I add water, I have to raise the pH. Maybe NJ American is acidic like my well?

I just noticed your signature says you use bleach and trichlor, so maybe that explains the pH dropping. Just remember to keep an eye on your CYA, either way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.