Cloudy dingy looking water

Shane1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2010
Buckeye, AZ 85326
Hey all it's been a while since I've posted a question but I'm having some water clarity issues. For the whole summer so far I've been having issues with water clarity after heavy swimmer loads. The water gets a dirty look to it. In the previous years it seemed like we could have 10+ People in the pool all day then flip the light on at night and the pool was still clear. Today I had about 10 kids in the pool for less than 2 hours and the water was mucked up that quick. I've cleaned my carts several times this summer and my pressure is normal. The pool has been on a steady diet of bleach and acid for the last 2 years or so with great results. I purchased and installed new filters today to replace the original filters that are 5 years old. I'm hoping this will take care of the issues but am reaching out to see if you guys have any input.
Pump runs 12 hrs a night as well as anytime anybody is in the pool.
Fc 7
Ph 7.4
Ch 400ish
Cya 60ish
Tia

Are you boosting your FC level up before all the kids come over ? That's a pretty big bather load. I would be dumping some bleach in there to boost up the FC before they come over.
Cloudy water is a lot of the time a water chemistry problem. FC levels getting below min level.
How long does it take to clear back up or isn't it clearing up ? ?

It cleared up in about 2 hours of running with the new filters. I normally do pump up the chlorine before we have people in the pool. Saturday was my sons bday party and the water performed much better but still had a bit of murkiness to it. I guess maybe its a combination of filtering and the chlorine getting used up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.