Algae Blossoming around Rim of Pool

Nov 8, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Just looking for a bit of advice fighting algae that is growing around the lip of my pool, JUST above the water line. The pool was SLAMed a few months back and has stayed clean, but I started to notice some algae blooms just above the rim of the water. Problem is, since its just above the water line, no chlorine comes in contact with it. My synopsis is as the filter runs and the overflow from the hottub splashes the pool, the ripples of water reach just above the normal water line. Then, when the filter is off, the leftovers lose chlorine and algae begins to grow.

I've swam around once and scrubbed the blooms with a brush, but they tend to fall in cracks and crevices, so it's hard to get in there. Also, I made a mixture of liquid chlorine and water (1/3 Cl to 2/3 H2O) and sprayed directly on the blooms. That seemed to help a bit, but I'm still seeing some green.

Anyone else encounter this and have a fix?

Thanks,

Bob

I would suggest weekly (2-3 times) brushing and spraying. That will get rid of it and keep it away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.