Pump speed doesn't work!

Papaw

Aug 1, 2014
Lawrenceburg, TN.
I got a fairly new motor and pump assembly for my 2001 Viking Supreme hot tub. At first I was able to turn on the light and switch between low and high speeds. Now that I over filled the tub until it ran across the switch on top of the tub, I can't get nothing but the filter cycle when I put the power to the tub. It will also heat the water in this cycle. From the factory the filter cycle stays on for 5 hours every 12 hours. Does anybody have any idea's to what is wrong here. I do have a slight leak on the suction and the output side of the pump. I did switch the red and black wires on the 240 volt system, hoping it would run on the high speed during the filter cycle. No.......that didn't work. Any help out there?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sounds like you overflowed the spa and got at least the switch wet and maybe some of the electronics? Maybe the link bobo provided will help troubleshoot.

Thanks bobodaclown for the .pdf link. I really needed that one.
jblizzle, you hit the nail on the head with the water leak. Actually, come to find out, there was a union link down on the heater that is attached to the back of the control panel. It shorted out the other end of the top side switch cable so I had to dry it up and now it's working fine. Thanks both of you for coming back to me on this topic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.