Possible Algea/Pool Cover Question

Aug 1, 2014
Dry Fork VA
I've been using the TFP method for the past two seasons with no problems.....until now. I've been using a solar cover for most of the season to keep the water warm but started noticing what I assume to be algea a week or two ago. It appears brown, the water is still clear and it's only on the bottom in spots, none on the sides, stairs, etc. I have brushed the bottom, vacuumed and backwashed but I still see it,not as much as last weekend but it's still there. It scatters like dust when touched. I got agressive in Slamming it this past Sunday. My cya is 50 and so I am keeping my FC at 20, ph 7.2 when last checked. I've been testing twice a day and sometimes it won't drop at all and then the next day it may drop by about 4. Since the sun isn't a factor I know it's still the algea. My questions are this...How long does it usually take to rid the pool of algea if the water remains clear? Is the solar cover contributing to my problem? and What else do I need to be doing? TIA

24 ft round above ground, 52 inches deep

I once had a neighbor that had a contaminated solar cover. Every time he would cover the pool, he'd get algae. Took the lazy way out and bought a new cover. I just finished a SLAM process and I put everything in the pool (tools, toys, floats, etc.) under the cover. I then washed all of them with city water after a 24 hour soak. I also washed both sides of the solar cover when I removed it from the pool. Also, the stuff I had would pass right through the filter and blow right back in the pool, so I did vacuum to waste for five days when I did the daily sweep of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.