Foam board under 12x24 intex

Aug 1, 2014
oxford/GA
How much area should my foam board cover under my 12x24 intex ultraframe? I purchased 9 sheets of 4x8 so it is an exact fit for the pool liner but I'm now wondering if I should have made it slightly bigger than the actual bottom of the pool?

I purchased the same today for my upcoming install of a 12x24 ultra frame intex. My guess is the 9 sheets will be fine as the dimensions show on the intex box that the bulge of the liner = 12x24, not the actual liner contact to the ground surface. My intentions are to install the pool over top of a paver patio i recently built. I will use the 9 sheets of 1/2" foam board under the pool for both cushioning and protection from the pavers and lay a 2' border around this with 1/2" treated plywood to add a bit of firmer cushioning between the pool frame legs and the paver patio for better weight distribution. I plan to then lay the tarp over this substrate then install the pool.

Phase I - Paver Patio 16x28
Patio.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the paver patio with an overlay of 1/2" foam insulation board where the pool liner will occupy and a border of 1/2" treated plywood to help distribute the weight of the pool legs across more than a few pavers. Next step is outdoor carpet over this underlay. The foam board makes a nice cushion on the feet over the patio pavers.

Overlay.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.