I'd love to know more about these Florida rooms, the screen rooms around pools. Is there a tent-like structure you put over the frame? Or are there screen sections you roll down (and up)? Or panels you insert?

or . . . or . . . or . . . :?: :?: :?:

AnnaK said:
I'd love to know more about these Florida rooms, the screen rooms around pools. Is there a tent-like structure you put over the frame? Or are there screen sections you roll down (and up)? Or panels you insert?

or . . . or . . . or . . . :?: :?: :?:

Do a Google search for "pool screen enclosure" and you'll see several companies who offer them. Typically they are metal frames (I'm assuming Aluminum) and then they have a fine screen mesh that you can barely see. It's just like a screened porch on a house.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The reason that screened enclosures are not found much further North than Tampa is because of freezing.

They cannot stand a snow load or ice of any kind.

Anka, yours would be in the bottom of the pool no later than Thanksgiving up there in PA. :shock: :shock:

Wow...thanks for all the compliments.

I didn't realize the screen around the pool was so unique. I guess I have been living in FL for too long.

The bugs would be very bad without the screen enclosure. They are very common in FL and the south. The structure is aluminum with the usual screening between the posts. It has braces on most of the panels as it is built to the 2003 Miami-Dade Hurricane codes.

Even with the correct design, most homeowners policies do NOT cover any screen patio structures. So you are kinda on your own with these. If a hurricane comes, it is somewhat random if you will lose your screen encloures. This structure is too new to have been "battle tested yet." But I lived here during the big ones of 2004 and 2005, and some had screens that sailed thru, and others were total losses. It is just part of the risk of living in Florida.

Thanks again for the great comments!

Nice pool. I like your tile.

I didn't know that people didn't know about the screen enclosures either until I visited my DD in Jacksonville and she was showing friends pics of her kids swimming in my pool and they all thought that I much be rich to have the pool enclosed in its own room. They never saw one before.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.