Stian here, from Bali :)

Aug 1, 2014
Bali, Indonesia
Hey guys!
Just registered here. Never had a pool before, but I've been reading up on pool chemistry quite a lot these past few weeks. But this looks like a great forum to get some good answers.

My biggest problem, as I'm located in Bali, is that nobody know anything here. Poolshops and "poolboys" only have the OTO / pH test kits, and have never heard of TA, CH, CYA, or anything else. :p So I'm left alone to figure this out, as I dont like the way our previous poolboy handled the pool. It didn't make sense.

Anyways, this is just a "hello" from me. Will post up in the forum shortly with my Q's ;)

Oh, I'm 26yo, and me and my wife are visiting family in Bali for 1 year. So I thought I'd try and make the pool here perfect. :) We're both Norwegians.

Go check out my questions when I get to post them! :)

EDIT: Why did my image show up twice? Sorry..
- - -

Let me just point out that we're still building the house, so the pool is not done yet. :)
There will be a tropical poolhouse (with pizza oven and bbq and such) to the left in this picture, with 2 small bridges going over to the small island and then to the bigger island.
On this bigger island, we'll have a gazebo, with some music and comfy pillows and a hammock. Not 100% sure yet. But it's gonna look a lot better than it does right now. (Still looks nice I think! But aint got no fancy waterfall or stones.. Only an infinity edge. So far. I will keep you posted when we get to complete it :) )

The depths of this pools is:
~50cm at the stairs.
~120cm at the main pool area
~150cm at the back (with the infinity edge)
~220cm at the dark area.

20140802_104727.jpg

Beautiful pool and view! Looking forward to more pictures! Are you sure you'll be able to leave Bali and return home after a year :snorkle: ?? Will you be able to order a test kit and get it shipped to Bali? Let me know, I'd be willing to help buy it here and ship it for you!

Sorry, the deep end is only 185cm, not 220... Still deep enough, as I'm only 175 :) hehe (more than enough to dive and have fun).

Thanks mate :) I'll keep you guys posted when we get to do more on it. Lots of other work to do here too.. :) :p
AHh, leaving Bali wont be easy ;) hehe.. Though, as tropical and amazing it is, it's still going to be good to get back home to quality again. So much no-brand **** here, and no brands. Need to travel to the south of the island (3-4 hours) just to find PS4 games. Or blueray movies.. No real shops up north :p

I've already got the K-2006 test kit! But thanks a lot for your offer :) I appreciate it a lot :)