David and Kristy's Pool Build

Jun 12, 2008
We finally got a dig date!!! They came this morning and dug all day long!! What a sight!! My five year old was in awe! We had previously had in our contract a "sport" pool but we changed our mind. We are so glad we did. I love to take pictures so I hope you don't mind. :-D :oops:

Before shots:

before.jpg

before2.jpg

View from house:
beforefromhouse.jpg

Bringing the equipment up our VERY steep driveway!
equipment.jpg

Outline of pool
outline.jpg

1st scoop!
firstscoop.jpg

digging.jpg

We unearthed TONS of old cable. The pb joked that he was not going to let the workers know they were dead. LOL
tonsofoldcable.jpg

Forms
forms.jpg

It is starting to look like a pool!
poolshape.jpg

poolshape2.jpg

lastoneofdig.jpg

Our daughter and her grandad. SHe is not excited AT ALL :wink:
sydandpawpaw.jpg

Monday should be plumbing!!

To be continued......

Hmm.....looking at the presence of the red soil, the types of decidious trees, the sparse nature of the grass, the angle of the roof slope, the type of shingles used, the fence style, the playground equipment, and the adorable child................

I deduce that you live in GEORGIA!!! :bowdown:

- - or it could be because - -

1Kristy1 said:
We are around Atlanta
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your daughter doesn't look excited about any of this! :mrgreen: She is a cutie! :-D

I can't wait to see it done! As always keep the pics coming!

1Kristy1 said:
Anemone, you got it! :goodjob: :lol: I thought the red clay was a dead giveaway but I guess a little research goes a long way, too!

We decided to go with 3 1/2 ft - 7 ft.

More pix to come!!

Due to the red clay, I was going to guess Alabama, but then I noticed no one was wearing a houndstooth hat or a t-shirt that read "In Saban We Trust"... :lol: :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Day 2 of our build. The plumbing equip was supposed to be here Friday and did not arrive so the guys had to wait around until the stuff was delivered at lunch time today. Some of them lounged on my daughter's slide and then moved to my driveway. It was quite a funny sight. I think some of them took a little nap. :lol:

Here is what they did today.

day21.jpg

day22.jpg

day23.jpg

day24.jpg

day25.jpg

day26.jpg

More tomorrow!!

Funny.....all that cable was the old service (electrical) line that ran across the backyard. Not sure where all of it was buried, but it's more cable than was orginally needed. Unfortunately, not copper. But it will be on Craigslist soon!

No Saban fans around here - this is BullDawg territory here! Whoof! Whoof! Whoof!

Since my last pics we had the bonding grid, layout of the decking and now tile and coping. We also found a large "jump rock" that we are going to use instead of a diving board. I forgot to get a pic of it. The rock coping is a little lighter than we expected. I think it is just dust, though, and it should be more brown once we get another good rain. :lol: We are supposed to get electrical tomorrow and then the inspection. :| Then we should have decking poured and then the pebble tec! :-D

tilecoping1.jpg

tilecoping2.jpg

tilecoping3.jpg

tilecoping4.jpg

tilecopingcloseup.jpg

tilecopingcloser.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.