Paramount Parachlor CL-003 SWG. How to operate

I bought a sand filter, pump and SWG second hand and was wondering if anyone had a similar SWG. I have it working but was just wondering what level of salt is required for it and how the dial is supposed to work. When I turn it down it can go to the level which says to add more salt and if I turn it up it can go to the level that says to add water. I presume I have the salt concentration about right but any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

I had the water tested at a pool store - 5400ppm salt. I have tried testing it with my strips but am only getting about 1100ppm after 10 minutes. The SWG is working perfectly at about half throttle.
I drained 1/4 of the water to hard pipe the returns and refilled the pool, then at night a fitting on the multiport split and I lost another 6 inches of water and refilled, retested at the pool shop and they said it is 5000ppm. I don't believe it.
I tried the strips again and was only getting 3.2 after 10 minutes, the yellow strip at the top turns black after about 1 minute.
I accidentally left the strip in the water for about half and hour and it read 5.6 which from memory is about 2500ppm which is where I think it really is going by the dial on the SWG at full throttle will only go up to 50% chlorine generating where before I added heaps of fresh water it would do this at half throttle.
The question is, how do I use the salt test strips properly?
Do I have to leave them in the water longer because the water is so cold, they say less than or equal to 10 minutes but that is definitely not accurate in my situation.
The water is 43f or 6c.

Thanks

Mark

I'm sorry no one responded to your query. The SWG systems in the U.S. tend to use 3000 ppm; it's the one's in Australia and New Zealand (where you are located) that use higher salt levels closer to 5000 ppm. The salt test strips need to get wet only on the bottom, not fully immersed. It should describe what to do in their instructions. And yes, it's likely it will take longer to get a reading when the water is colder.

Your SWG system may also tell you if the salt level is too low or too high since it won't operate properly if the conductivity is too low or high.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.