What's the strangest thing you've ever...

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
pulled out of your skimmer?

We haven't had our pool very long so nothing too strange, just a LOT of hair. I have a wife and two long haired daughters. From the amount of hair I pulled from the skimmer basket when we heated the pool over spring break, you would think they'd all be bald by now!

How about the rest of you? Every find anything really weird or surprising in there?

My leather gloves. I was building some decking on a windy day and my gloves disapeared. I looked everywhere. Later I thought I should empty the skimmer basket due to the amount of leaves that were blowing around and there they were!

A huge frog!!! OK, I know you are saying, yeah right that is nothing. But I really mean a huge frog. I don't think he liked the saltwater. Take a look for yourself.

16.jpg

A mole. First time I had ever seen one of those things. They are really weird looking, like a mouse with webbed feet!

We've had several frogs too. Too bad hubby is never home when the dead animals are in the skimmer!

One time I thought I had a snake in the skimmer, but it turned out to be one of the dog's play balls! She loves dropping her toys in the pool and then barking at you to get it out!

Yikes!!! :shock:

That frog would have scared me half to death!! That is exactly why I use a hook to take the skimmer top off when I empty it.

The "worst" thing I ever came across was a chipmunk...the same chipmunk I believe I rescued from drowning in my pool the day before...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Off topic...sorry

Jnorris......I just noticed you have the same size pool as me! How are you liking the size? I had ordered a 18 X 36 and the pool company was having a special.....they were giving everyone 4 extra feet. I love the length...you can really swim laps and get a pretty good work-out....

MaryLee said:
Off topic...sorry

Jnorris......I just noticed you have the same size pool as me! How are you liking the size? I had ordered a 18 X 36 and the pool company was having a special.....they were giving everyone 4 extra feet. I love the length...you can really swim laps and get a pretty good work-out....

We love our pool. It's a 3 bump kidney, and it sort-of curves around our house, so it really doesn't seem as long as it is, as if it were a rectangle. I just wish I had installed 2 lights instead of one. Our pool builder assured us that one light in the middle would be sufficient, but it really doesn't light up the 2 ends very well.

And I'm not a lap swimmer. I'm a "sit on a float in the deep end, while everyone else plays in the shallow end" kind of girl. 40' gives you plenty of room for that!

I'm not sure this qualifies because I didn't pull him out. One day I looked out in my yard which has five foot block walls on all sides to see a huge white Alaskan Huskie swimming in my pool. After a couple laps he got out, shook mimself and effortlessly bounded over the wall. Then he proceeded to swim a couple laps in the neighbor's pool. He went fom pool to pool down the block. The last house on the block caught him, and called the owner. The owner said he couldnt keep him home because he could jump any fence or wall. The very next day he was back and repeated the trip going from back yard to back yard swimming in each and every pool down the street.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.