Chlorine/CYA chart with more options?

Jul 22, 2014
Bushnell, FL
Do you have a chart for Chlorine/CYA levels for slamming purposes for a SWG pool that show the CYA level under 60? The chart for a SWG shows 60, 70, and 80. What if your levels are lower? How do you calculate what your SLAM levels should be if your CYA level is lower? Thanks in advance. (I hope this qualifies as a separate question and not related to my current topic...if so, please forgive me...I am not trying to break the forum rules...I think it is a valid question).

Cool! Thanks guys!!! Guess I should have guessed that...my SWG is off now anyway during the SLAM process...it was a little confusing, but will treat it as a chlorine pool, but the other link says 40% of CYA value...that is good to know as well. Easier for me to do that. My CYA level today is about 42, so my shock level needs to be at about 17 ppm, which it is. Will re-check levels tonight, but with this updated information, I don't think I need to add any chlorine. Thanks again for the info. and links! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.