New Construction in Austin, TX

Tfbgtx

Jun 11, 2014
Austin, TX
Finally got through permit fun (City and HOA) on my new pool. Expecting a 12 week build, though this might extend a bit as I will be out of the country for 2 weeks in August. Here is the rendering from my PB and the cut of a bunch of Cedar trees (good riddance).

18' x 30' In-ground gunite rectangular pool (~15k gal.) (will keep updating specs when I get to a real keyboard).

image.jpgimage.jpg

This should be very exciting! Please add pool specs when you get a chance and keep the pics coming! :cool:

July 31, 2014
Day 1: Excavation - I think they got a lot done for one day. PB saying 60 days now for completion, but I know how these things go and I think I'll be happy if they make their original 12 week estimate.

9C9FE201-B102-4FB3-B6D2-9A4868A4E47D_zpsgb6txqle.jpg

Awesome looking pool.

Sounds like my PB, we tried to get it done before we went on vacation for 3 weeks. Pool wasn't done until 2 weeks after we left. If you can, think about alternatives for you not being there. I was considering changing my flight arrangements. Good thing I didn't, because I would have had to change it again. my neighbor did the pool fill for us, and my supervisor started off my chemical treatment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Coming along finally after a little break... They did a lot of the rebar today. I think when I told the builder I didn't want to start gunite until I return from vacation, he put the brakes on a bit. But I would rather wait for that until I get back.

CAFD1760-4857-4564-A87F-D90491828C71_zpska9bjeqr.jpg

My bro in law (in Austin) said he got a quote on a pool and just over the phone, the PB told him it was in the neighborhood of $20k just to punch a hole in the ground b/c of the rock and limestone !!! Does that even sound ballparkish or the norm?....I notice most of your elevation is above grade.

Good looking pool BTW :cheers:

Thanks.

I don't know... that sounds high. But I can't really say as my PB doesn't break down the cost like that. I wouldn't trust anything over the phone as there are just too many variables.

All I know is, building a pool in Austin is more $ than Houston and Dallas (in general). Lot of reasons for that, not just elevation/rock. But yes, as you can probably see, mine is a lot of retaining wall(s) because of the elevation change.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.