Aqua Pure 1400 SWG cell?

Feb 25, 2013
Hi TBrown and JamesW,

I'm in the same boat, I came here to post a question, I hope you don't mind my popping on this thread..

My cell isn't generating chlorine, and the amber "SERVICE" LED is lit on the control unit. My pool guy says that the cell needs to be replaced every 3-5 years, and it's probably due. He quoted $1,100. My cell looks just like the one TBrown posted. We've moved into this house about 3 years ago, and I don't know how old the salt cell is.

I do clean the cell every time I break down the filter, 2x annually.

Questions:

1) Based on your determination that you cell needs to be replaced, would you agree that my cell needs to be replaced as well?

2) If you've done the research, would you mind sharing where you ended up deciding where to purchase, and why?

By the way, my cell sensor failed about 18 months ago, I was getting a no flow error, so the sensor is fairly new. Not sure if that matters, but I was thinking that maybe I could save a little by getting a unit without a sensor, and reusing my existing sensor.

Thanks!

View attachment 32353

I just bought a new kit. You can buy the PLC1400 kit which includes cell, sensor and power cable for $530 at Amazon. You can buy the cell alone for about $80 less - but it may make more sense to get the kit since the sensor alone is often close to $180.

I just bought a new kit. You can buy the PLC1400 kit which includes cell, sensor and power cable for $530 at Amazon. You can buy the cell alone for about $80 less - but it may make more sense to get the kit since the sensor alone is often close to $180.

I too bought the whole kit from amazon three months ago and I paid $430.00. I guess I got mine just in time.

We moved in our house around the same time so I'm not sure how old my cell is either. There's no error codes on my unit but we've tried everything and still not getting chlorine production. The nearest pool supply stores are unable to test our cell, so I'm basing the need for replacement on it's age and hoping it's not the motherboard. I also just replaced the sensor so would rather not buy another. My unit is the older model cell with different plumbing so I'll have to make some modifications to the piping I believe. You can purchase the older models but they're double the price.

Does anyone know if the sensor I replaced on my R0475400 model will work without some modifications on the R0452400 model? My sensor was threaded and i remember that not all were when I was looking for a replacement.

The old sensors will not fit the new cell but it still can be used. I believe that I saw a picture of Wayner's and he was using a old sensor that was plumbed in after the cell and that should work if you have something similar. He was replacing the old cell and we suggested that he leave the old sensor in place and just use the new sensor in the new cell. If the new sensor failed he could always plug in the old sensor to get by.

I should have asked the sensor question on my original thread. Mine is the rounded old cell with the sensor in the bottom port rather than the plumbing. When I replaced it, it wasn't with the same model number, though the parts appeared to be identical. When attempting to order a new one i noticed the diameters were different and it wasn't threaded. It was in the reviews that I was able to determined what I needed. Jandy seems to have a strange way to handle their model number changes.

Thanks for all the help. This is our first pool and we're slowly learning as we go along. Wish I had found this site a couple years ago. It's been a great help.

Yeah - here is a photo of my cell from a different thread. I haven't replaced the cell yet but if possible I plan to leave the old sensor in place. But there is very little excess PVC so that T connector might have to go and with it the old sensor.
attachment.php

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.