kitty poop!

mrd5

LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2014
Vienna, VA
So after I discovered that a neighborhood kitty took a dump in our pool last night I sucked out the waste and I was planning to zap the pool with a heavy dose of Chlorine just as assurance that the goobers are gone. Unless someone thinks otherwise, I was going to pour the recommended (by Pool Math) quantity of 10% bleach to shoot for a SLAM level, but then let the chlorine drift back down to my normal balanced level (5.5)

My only question is, with a CYA around 65, how long will it take for the Chrlorine to drift back down (with SWG off)? We're having a party Saturday afternoon so I need the Chlorine level back down to normal levels.

---OR--- do I not need to bother??

Would love some feedback from the experts here!

Thanks
-Mike

Even if you do raise it up to shock level ... it is safe to swim at any FC up to that FC level. So it will certainly be fine by Saturday ... it would be fine by later today.

Oh, I didn't realize you can swim up the SLAM level -- good to know.

I suppose I'll bump it up a little but not take it SLAM level; I'm also getting ready to fight some staining/metal issues so I don't want to go too crazy with elevated Chlorine levels.

Thanks everyone!
-Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.