I need sympathy!!!

LisaT

Apr 8, 2014
Florida Keys
Hello all. I need sympathy because we are in week 18 of a "6-8 week" in-ground build. We've had some setbacks, like the pool isn't square, therefore the patio isn't straight, the steps are uneven and the sun shelf isn't level. The wrong lights and pump were installed, but we were very happy yesterday morning because it was finally plaster day! Our excitement was short lived. After mixing and applying 80 out of 88 bags of material, the installers realized they had 2 different colors and that the 80 bags they put down were labeled incorrectly and were the wrong color. The 8 bags they had left were labeled correctly and were indeed the color we chose. They finished the job and now we have a pool that has 2 colors. The PB said it will have to be chipped out and redone which means redoing the step tile etc. etc. We waited 2 weeks for the plastering crew to come down from Miami so who knows how long we'll have to wait this time. PB says he's not going to chip out the plaster until he gets news from manufacturer that they will pay for the removal and replastering. In the meantime, we're filling the pool and hope to take a swim or two while they figure it out!
(I will post pictures soon, my pictures "exceed my quota" so I have to figure that out.)

Sorry to hear that, your PB should really fix it now. Ultimately your PB is responsible for getting the right plaster in and later figure out if the manufacturer will pay him or not. You should not be financially responsible for this mixup.

HUGS!!!!!!!!! Where were you when they found it out? I wish I could have been there when THEY saw it and realized what happened.

I hope they kept the bags as proof of what happened.

Photobucket has worked for me for adding pics.

I am so sorry this happened :( I hope it can/will be fixed without too much heart ache.

Kim

You definitely have our sympathy. I thought it was bad when I read another thread on here where the owner checked the dye lots on his plaster bags (snuck a peek) and they were from different lots. I can't even imagine different colors. Ugh. I hope your PB fixes soon. Enjoy the swim. - Karen

LisaT, After reading your trials and tribulations, I have to say that its hard to determine who has had it tougher, Karen (RangerBob) or yourself! Generally all the problems are fixable but it truly is frustrating.

bury2edy.jpg
ujugegud.jpg

Thank you all so much for the support. This forum really has helped me through this process. I did have a drink (or 2), we will definitely be getting new plaster but my husband has to go to China on business so we're going to wait until he returns. I can't face it alone! Haha! I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm so sorry! You must be beyond frustrated! I was frustrated that it has taken my PB over 3 months to start after repeatedly telling me that he would start that week, but this is awful! I know it's hard, but think of how nice it will be when done! Keep us posted!

OK!! No more sympathy for you.:jocolor: I'm glad you get to enjoy the pool, that's what counts right now. If you don't have any other problems, let the PB fix the plaster at your convenience. With a beautiful view like that, you have a lot to enjoy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.