How often do you adjust the % Level?

Needsdecaf

Jun 28, 2014
The Woodlands, TX
So, SWCG been running almost a month. I've been having a little trouble getting it dialed in. Finally got my TF 100 so was able to test CYA and, surprisingly enough, it agreed with my Color Q showing that it was at around 40. I have added enough stabilizer to get the CYA up to 60.

My FC has been bouncing around. Here in Houston we had a run of cooler (80 degree) weather and it was cloudy and rainy. Then it shot up to the upper 90's consistently.

My FC was around 6-7, then it shot up over 10. I backed the pump run time down and dropped my SWCG down to 15%. It was running around 5 or so and then after a weekend of heavy use, dropped to 2.5%. I turned it back up a bit, and it was still at 2.5% the next day. Cranked it up to 50% and ran it a bit longer and it ran up to 5.

During the week, we might use the pool maybe 2 nights, to swim laps. Maybe 3. ON the weekends we use it probably 2x per day with the kids, waterfalls running, etc.

What's the best way to keep the FC at a constant level? pH raises from 7.4 to either 7.8 or 8 every 3 days or so. I managed to lower my TA to 60 from 100 but that's still holding steady.

Thanks!

If you try to hit a target exactly, you will drive yourself crazy. The objective is really to keep FC above the minimum which is 3 PPM for a CYA of 60 ppm per the SWG chart. So set the SWG such that on the hottest most used days, FC never dips below 3 ppm. Don't worry so much about the high side. 10 ppm is fine with a CYA of 60 ppm. That will help on the hot days. But if you are changing CYA in the middle of this, it will be difficult to hit the right setting.

I set my SWG in the spring and the fall when I change the pump run time and those are the only two values I use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.