Aqua Chem Super Clarifier??

Jul 23, 2008
Bartlett, TN
I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this question. I couldn't figure out where to ask. I've been reading that I should not put things in my pool when I don't know what they are. Before coming to this forum, when I was doing things the pool store way, I bought some "Super Clarifier" from Walmart made by Aqua Chem. It always worked pretty well for me before, but now I am trying to be more careful about what I put in. The bottle lists absolutely no ingredients. I went to their website and can't find the ingredients there either, though it shows a picture of the product and talks about how great it is. Can anyone tell me what is in it and if it would hurt my pool? I was able to kill my algae last weekend after shocking it with bleach for three days, but it has been cloudy white since last Sunday with little improvement, though my TF100 tests are all showing that I have good numbers. I still have half a bottle of the super clarifier, but want to be prepared for possible drawbacks of using it. Thanks in advance for any help! Jamie

Hi, Jamie,

You are very smart to proceed with caution. A BBB principle is to minimize the chemistry you put in your pool thereby avoiding some occassional unintended consequences.

In the case of clarifier, I doubt you'll get any side affects that would cause harm so go ahead and use it if you want to.

There seems to be lots of instances on the forum where it has speeded up the clearing process but then some others who report no affect. Either way, let everyone know the results.

If it doesn't work, you'll just need some more patience.....continuing to run your pump, keeping Cl in the pool, brushing, vacuuming, etc......all those things in combination will speed the clearing process. Just remember it is a process rather than an event so it takes some time.

Thanks Dave. I'll probably put some in tonight when I get home then. I plan on vacuuming again tomorrow morning. I'm trying to be patient, but it's very hard! It is sooo hot and I sometimes have to work outside, and when I get home, I want to jump in!! :) I am very much looking forward to it being clean again. I will have a pool party! Thanks again.

Just a tip on the clarifiers...less is more. That is, the more surface area of the clarifier you can expose to the pool water the better clarification you will get.

I recommend applying it through a hose end sprayer across the surface of the pool.

Keep an eye on your filter pressure after using it, it should cause an increase.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.