Should the Chlorine stay stable overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2007
Frostburg, MD
Should my Chlorine level stay stable overnight? I am in the process of bringing it down after shocking after a new fill of my pool. Wednesday night numbers were:
FC 6.0
CC 0
PH 7.2
TA 80
CYA 28
Thursday morning numbers were:
FC 5.0
CC 0
PH 7.2
TA 80
CYA 28

I am trying to get to FC of 4.0 - 5.0 but want to make sure that everything is going right. I thought that with stabilizer in the level would stay constant overnight. It did from Tuesday night to Wednesday morning. We have had no swimmers as the weather here has turned cool but the water is crystal clear, shining and never looked better!! :lol: I don't want to do anything that will cause cloudiness now and may be having a problem with the Pool Owner Patience that I have read about. Please give me your thoughts!

A 1 ppm drop overnight isn't bad at all. Some chlorine get's used up fighting organics that are continually introduced in the pool, like pollen, etc.

At this point I'd try to maintain the FC where you want it and as long as you stay ahead of things, you should have a very trouble free swim year ahead of you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.