Constant pH Bounce

Jul 30, 2014
Toronto Ontario
Hi, just wanted to find some information on why my pool's pH is increasing from 7.5 to 7.9 after every night. I adjust the pH with muriatic acid every morning to get it down to 7.5 but when I test it the following morning its right back up to 7.9. I have a 30000 Gallong gunite pool with a water fall from the hot tub. I use copper ionization as my sanitization method. So far I have lowered the waterfall strength so there is less aeration but pH is still rising everynight. Do you think my copper ionization method or old sand filter (12 years old) has anything to do with this?

Welcome to TFP!

There are two things that will cause this problem. The first is freshly applied plaster will do this (or worse) for about the first month after the plaster is applied. The second is when your TA is too high. When you are having PH drift problems, and don't have fresh plaster, lower TA to around 60 and see if that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.