Automatic Vacumm for an AGP?

budysr

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
Pensacola
I have been using a lil shark since I got my pool last summer. It does o.k. but is not the most convienient process in the world and often needs to be bumped to get going again. Anyway, I am ready to upgrade to a better and more convienient vacumm, especially since I have lots of neighboring trees and seem to need to vacumm twice a week. Having one that doesnt tie into the pools sand filter would be a plus too. I have read quite a few posts on the forum about the Pool Rover Jr. and it seems to be well liked. Are there any other automatics that you guys would suggest? Seems like I did see some posts complaining about the rover jr. not picking up all the sand on the bottom of pools? I don't mind spending a little extra money if I can get a really good vacuum and make life that much easier with pool cleaning.

I bought a pool rover jr. It works fairly well. It is able to pick up leaves with ease. Since my deck is not complete (1 more week, yeah!) my kids have tracked in a lot of dirt. It gets a little bit of that, but it seems to stir it up as well. So I'm somewhat satisfied, but I wish it did a little better with the 'fine' dirt. I'm sure it filters the water and cleans it better than if my pool went without it. Since I'm a new pool owner, I'm sure when I 'open' my pool next Spring, I will probably appreciate the pool rover much more at that point.

I do wish I had something to the equivalent of a "dust buster" to go suction the dirt when it clumps together. Without the hassles of wires and all of that.

Hope this helps!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.