Cloudy water

Aramei

Jun 24, 2008
Ok, after finally getting the pool clear after a tough battle, yesterday I noticed it was getting cloudy. I have been keeping the chlorine levels up but it dropped from the last few days as I had been quite busy and forgot. The water has been around 80-82 degrees. It was very clear on WEdnesday. Yesterday (Thur) I took cover off and noticed teh cloudiness.

I tested the water, CYA and chlorine were low so I added more stabilizer last night and 2 gallons of chlorine. This morning it is still cloudy.

I'm supposed to have friends over this weekend..what shoudl I do?

Christine

Hi Christine, you need to update your signature to include your pool specs and equipment.

Go to User Control Panel, then Profile, then Edit Signature. That would be most helpful.

Also, please post a full set of test results so we can give you better advice. It sounds like you caught an algae outbreak in the early stages, but without the test results, it's too hard to say. So please post that.

Thanks.

Thanks, I keep forgetting about the info.

I am not able to post results till I get home this evening. Just thought I could get a quick answer on if I need to buy chemicals on the way home

28' above ground, sand filter (Hayward). Not sure what other info you need

Aramei said:
Thanks, I keep forgetting about the info.

I am not able to post results till I get home this evening. Just thought I could get a quick answer on if I need to buy chemicals on the way home

28' above ground, sand filter (Hayward). Not sure what other info you need

Thats good info, but it needs to be in your signature line. Instructions to update your Profile are in my last post.

You would be safe to pick up several jugs of bleach on the way home, they'll get used regardless. Can't really advise you other than that without some test numbers. :-D

Thanks, going to stop at pool store on way home from work and get "First Aid" I heard it works well.

I just remembered taht I had suntan oil on when I was in the pool Wednesday. I was in for about an hour or so vacuuming while walking in the pool...guess that did it. What does this affect alkalinity, PH, ??

thanks all you guys here at this site..wonderful advice!! :-D

Mine was green when I came back from vacation and I shocked it until it appeared clear. After a day it became cloudy at recommended CL levels. I finally loaded it up with CL again (16-18) and vacuumed the dead stuff off the bottom several times and now it's clear again. My problem was not killing all the biological stuff completely before going back to maintenance levels of CL.

Aramei said:
Thanks, going to stop at pool store on way home from work and get "First Aid" I heard it works well.

I just remembered taht I had suntan oil on when I was in the pool Wednesday. I was in for about an hour or so vacuuming while walking in the pool...guess that did it. What does this affect alkalinity, PH, ??

thanks all you guys here at this site..wonderful advice!! :-D

Also stop and pick up a couple of bottles of
1333.jpg

Your guests won't notice that the pool is cloudy. :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.