Intex filter housing

Jul 30, 2014
Wapato wa
I was searching for help on the net and came across this site. Looks great and very helpful. I have an intex pool that has the salt generator and a cartridge style filter. The filter housing cracked from top to bottom along the mold line (where it was made). I've tried to temporarily mend it with some "water weld" putty and a couple huge hose clamps.. It leaks still, of course. I called Intex and was told they don't sell the housing, I'd need to buy the entire set-up for several hundred dollars. I tried both of the local pool stores but neither sells Intex and seem quite grumpy that I bought a product they don't sell. One of the stores has a sand filter that one person said would be the right size. I went back with my current setup and the other person working said there's no way to hook it up to the other brand hoses/fittings.

So, does anyone have a suggestion as to what I should do? The old filter held a B size cartridge, is there something else I can adapt, or a place to recommend that may have the part for sale besides the Intex website? Thanks folks! I appreciate any help you can offer, Greg

Converting to a sand filter is a much better idea than replacing your current pump. Yes it can be done fairly easily, and many on here have done it. I have done it with an Intex style pool. If you decide to move in this direction, post back and let us know. We can advise you on some options.

I think the sand filter sounds like the way I should go. Is there a brand or style that I should look for or avoid?
Should I follow the other thread I saw that shows how to use hardware store conduit connections to adapt the odd Intex connectors?

If you purchase an Intex sand filter, it should be a simple swap without the need for any special adapters. At worst, you may need a couple of the Intex 1.25" to 1.5" adapters depending upon which pool and pump you currently have, but these are easily obtained and may even be included with the new sand pump/filter.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.