Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System CS8110 Low-salt but salt test HI

Apr 17, 2012
Intex pump flashing low-salt. Crazy thing is I have over the amount of salt recommended for my pool. It's an Intex 22 X 52 (10,000 gallons). Please see the attached pic for the Leslie pool test they gave me today. HELP!!
This lo-salt indicator is driving me crazy.
I have cleaned with vinegar.
The pool water must be out of balance because it is cloudy as well.

Thanks Guys

Attachments

• pool test.jpg
    pool test.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 54
How old is your SWG? The cells in them don't last forever. My experience has been that they have to be replaced about every 3 years. When mine have failed in the past, they also indicated low salt.

You can order a replacement cell directly from Intex.

If your SWG is new, then I would suspect either a faulty unit or the salt reading from Leslie's may be in doubt. Buy some salt test strips and read it yourself and see what result you get.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Your CYA is zero, at least according to Leslie's. With CYA at zero you will lose all of your chlorine to sunlight each day. With a SWG we recommend CYA be between 70 and 80. That doesn't explain the low salt light, but it does explain why FC is zero and the water is getting cloudy.

If the SWG is new and the cell plates are clean I would suspect the salt test result and trust the SWG instead. If it is more than one year old and the cell plates are clean, I would trust the salt test and replace the cell. If there are any white deposits on the cell plates, that is the problem and the plates need more cleaning.

Thanks Jeff. Do you have a intex part number per chance? Don't see one at all on Intex website. Thank you.

No, I don't see it either. IIRC, I called them to get a replacement last time. I want to say I paid around $60 for it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.