My poor TigerShark.

JVTrain

TFP Expert
Feb 3, 2014
Central Minnesota
Well the possible but not likely happened. I have small thermometers hanging into my pool. They're about 3/4" diameter tube shaped types. Turns out, when my TigerShark climbs the wall, they will eventually get stuck in just the wrong place: between the brush roller and the body of the cleaner.

My cleaner hung there for likely hours, helplessly churning on the thermometer, wreaking havoc on the roller. I was too mortified to think about snapping a useful photo... Several ball bearings on the bottom of the pool confirmed my fears. One of the roller bearings was broken, leaving the contents on the pool floor.

Took the robot apart and here's the aftermath:
jujega8y.jpg

Hopefully a replacement bearing will be all it needs. Let this be a lesson. Lift those thermometers out when starting your robots.

As wonderful as pool robots and auto cleaners are, I don't run mine when I'm not there to check on it every so often. My Ranger used to climb walls and start sucking air, or get caught on the stairs. I hope yours is not too difficult to fix.

I just had the same thing happen to me with my AB 4WD.
I found it molesting my floating Duck thermometer and got the string sucked up into its gears.
After cutting the string and working it out of the gears it seems I stopped the offense it in time.
The duck no longer lives in the pool and now if I want to know the temp I put it in for a couple of minutes

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.