Swimming with pump on

Some of the Intex pumps are not certified for use while people are in the pool. Other Intex pumps, and nearly every pump of any other brand is fine to be used while people are in the pool. Check your pump manual. They will explicitly state if it is a problem, might not say anything if it is fine.

A side conversation about Intex pump instructions has been moved to here.

I have two drop cords running to my pool...one for my filter and one for the SWG....i'm relying solely on the built in GFI in the cords of the units....i'm probably wrong in doing this, but we swim in it while its running.

edit: in fact...after reading idiotic my own post is....we are no longer going to swim with the pumps on. ...now i need to find an electrician :)

All pool inspectors will make sure you have at least a GFI outlet installed and you should test it every once in a while. I had to replace a few outdoor ones this year that didn't test properly. Not sure about your actual Intex pump if it is safe or not.

We'll let ours run unless it gets rowdy in the pool, i think people stiring the bottom up while the pump runs helps filter out some of the smaller debris. Unless there was a collapse i dont belive water is actually in contact with any metal durring circulation. How ever im not so sure how the intex pumps work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.