Cover or drain?

May 24, 2014
St. Louis, MO
A couple of weeks ago, I suddenly became ill and was hospitalized. My husband did great caring for the kids and the pets, but the poor pool has been seriously neglected. I'm home now, but not back to full steam, and we're supposedly looking at about 2 weeks of cool weather. I'm hoping for a few more weeks of swimming weather in August, so I'm hesitant to give up and shut the pool down now. On the other hand, I can't skim it everyday and vacuum every week, and I know my husband won't. I'm toying with the idea of getting him to help me do one really thorough cleaning, and then covering it while leaving the SWG and filter on for the next couple of weeks.

I never been in this position before as we always take down the pool at the end of the season. Are there any foreseeable problems with doing that? Any better ideas? Thanks!

I think you'll be fine by giving it a good cleaning and then covering it. Your SWG will supply chlorine and with it covered you'll lose less FC per day. Keep tabs on it as you may be able to cut your pump runtime back due to the less FC loss to the sun.
Hope your feeling better and best wishes !! Let us know how things are going with yourself and the pool. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.