Pool Vacuum not very productive

Aug 1, 2008
My problem is my Hayward Ultra pool vac is not working very well. It is about 7 years old. It used to travel the pool pretty good cleaning all areas but now it just kinda sits in one area. I just had all the parts replaced. I broke down my DE filter completly and cleaned the filters and re-added a DE alternative. My hoses are all pretty new, 6 months maybe. I'm not sure what I should do or look for to troubleshoot this issue. I'm not sure what more info I need to provide but any help in heading me in the right direction in troubleshooting this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Karen

I have sectional hoses that are probably about 6 months old. I have an in ground pool not sure of how many gallons. How do I tell if it is the hoses other then replacing all of them? Any way to troubleshoot them?

Thanks for any help.

Do you have one of these on the vac inlet?
SPX1091Z7-T.jpg
Check each one of your hoses, they don't as long one would think.

Yes, I have a vac inlet. It is the original one however. I have checked my hoses for cracks or splits and there seems to be none. I will inspect them again a little bit closer. The vac inlet looks good, but they are probably cheap enough to replace. If the hoses have no cracks or splits anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks again.

When you use this tool, do you close the main drain and skimmer valves? When you close these valves, the pump is now only this drawing water from the vac valve.

About the same time this problem started I had replaced my DE with a DE alternative called Fiber Clear. Since then I broke down my DE filter again and cleaned out the Fiber Clear and replaced it back with DE. Got a new vac inlet also. Pool sweep works better, but still not like it should. It sometimes get stuck on the sides or corners. It definately can't work without me helping it out by moving it here and there. Some of the hoses also crimp up, like there is too much suction. My filter is running about 17 or 18 psi with the vacuum plugged in. I still have not replaced all the hoses, but did get 4 new ones. It is one of the new ones that is crimping up. Any other advice?

I just bought a polaris super turtle and it seems to work great. It works off the return rather than the skimmer. I am impressed with it. It does not get the sides so well, but you can only expect so much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.