My pool is full and slightly un-level any ideas

Jul 23, 2014
LAWRENCE
My yard has a slight incline, so of course one side is higher then the other. I am very paranoid that the legs will give and the pool will bust. I am very hesitant of draining the water and refilling since I am a renter and the water is not in my name :( Don't need an angry landlord. The pool isn't that far off, when I put my level on it, it goes to 2. I was wondering if I could shovel a ditch around the legs on the higher side to bring it down a little? We only have about 1.5-2 months left of summer. Another idea I had was to tie out the poles. Like connect the lower portion of the poles to a secure anchor. To prevent the poles from caving in at the bottoms. Will any of these ideas work do you think? Again I just need a small simple fix until the end of summer. To give an idea of the water level the high end the water is 3 squares from the top and the low end is about 6.:confused:

So I just went out and measured the height of the water. The low end measures 36.2" and the deep end measure 40". However like I said it is a slight incline because maybe about 1/4 the way across the pool the water level is at the 40". I am thinking just some shoveling around a few of the legs and I will be set?

Industry standard is level to within 1" all around.
This forum will not endorse being more out of level than that. Will the pool be fine or will it catastrophically fail ... who knows. But the risks you decide to take are up to you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.