New pool owner

mwosko

Jul 29, 2014
Hey all, I've been reading the forums and pool school looking for help, and am still not sure. Just bought a house with 16x32 vinyl inground pool. Everything was fine for first two weeks. Then I went one morning to a cloudy pool. Chlorine level was low. Shocked then pool and left pump running 24/7. Next day the cloudiness had started to clear, but pressure was at 20 psi (normally at ~13). Bumped the filter and pressure dropped back down. That same night the pressure was back up to 20 with almost flow from the jet. I took filter apart, cleaned it and replaced de. When I started it back up, it looked like some de went into pool from the jet. But pressure was down to 12. Went out this am, pressure was back up to 20 but pool was almost crystal clear. Any thoughts on my situation would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome! :wave:

It sounds like the filter is working the way it''s supposed to work and straining out all the algae you killed. Have you run the Shock Level And Maintain process to completion? Clear water is only one of the criteria to stop. Bump or clean the filter again if it needs it and ensure the SLAM process is complete so you stop generating more dead algae.

Thanks you for the reply. I work 24hr shoft, so I plan on cleaning it again when I get home tomorrow. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't screwed something up, since it seemed like it needed cleaned again so soon.

16x32ft inground vinyl
hayward ec65 de filter

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.