My fist sign of algae

Iciee

Jul 5, 2011
phoenix
I was swimming yesterday and noticed that at the bottoms of our rock waterfall there was a little algae. Now this part of the rock is out of water but water movement makes it touch. Water looks perfect will do an overnight test tonight to see but these were my numbers around 5pm
FC 5.5
Ta 80
Cc .5
Ph 7.5
Cya 60 going to buy some conditioner tomorrow using pucks had not appeared to raise it
So not sure how to treat this as it's on the rock right above te waterline. These. Are faux rock btw

Just use some diluted bleach in a spray bottle to clean the area. Any over-spray will just go in the pool and cause no harm. I used diluted bleach and diluted Muratic Acid for cleaning around the pool as they are both things that would normally be going in the water.

If you used pucks you can use Pool Math to figure how much they raised your CYA. There is a testing error and the amount raised may be in there. Just be careful with additions as you don't want to overshoot your goal.

It looks like he has a SWG and his FC is right on target and above the minimum. This is from pool school. The text above the summary says to keep CL between 4-6 and he's at 5.5.

Here is the summary for SWG's:

To summarize:
FC 3-5 ppm
PH 7.5-7.8
TA 60-80
CH•50-300 for vinyl

•220-320 for fiberglass

•250-350 for plaster

CYA 70-80
Salt 200-400 ppm ABOVE recommended optimum level
Borates 30-50 ppm (optional)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.