Electric heater for Intex

As noted in this link:

Why Can’t I find an Intex Pool Heater?
The Problem with Intex Pool Heaters

You may have already noticed before finding this site that you can’t find a good intex pool heater online of offline for your above ground pool. Why the heck is that?

Well the short answer is that intex doesn’t make them. But that’s not the whole story… Nobody makes electric or gas powered pool heaters for your intex above ground pools. However, there are some great options for solar heating your intex pool…

Intex pool have limitations which is what makes them less expensive. They also say not to run the pump while the pool is in operation.

See also the thread Has anyone used a KStar 10 heater to heat a soft sided pool?

I agree - I have a 150k BTU gas heater on my intex and I do not see what the issue would be. The liner on an intex is MUCH thicker than the liner on a regular above ground pool. So what is the difference? I have heard well it could melt, If the liner is gonna melt on an intex it will for sure melt on the regular above ground or even an inground with a liner.

I also have a 1.5 HP Superflo pump hooked to a 220 on my intex with a skimmer, the original suction and two returns and it doesnt seem to affect the sides at all. People have told me it would be too powerful. Not sure why they would think it would be too powerful.

I run my heater and pump with people in the pool. As long as it is properly grounded and on a breaker I dont see the issue with an intex vs any other pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.