Pool in! Filter running! TF100 coming tomorrow ?'s

Jul 22, 2008
Ok, after a grueling 2 days, my new pool is installed, filled, and running. My SWG is not hooked up yet. I have no test kit yet. I poured in 2 128oz bottles of Clorox tonight, and that is it. I have another in hand, should I add it? The pool is around 12,000 gallons. Super excited, and super overwhelmed by all that has happened in 48 hours. Been lurking the site for weeks, and brain is ready to explode. Anyway, a few suggestions are appreciated, and I will be posting my first numbers tomorrow as soon as DHL arrives at my door. Wish me luck...............

No. That's plenty for now, you really need your other test numbers before you add too much bleach all at once. I'm pretty sure you have no CYA in there right? With no CYA you only need your FC to be at about a 2. No reason to shock yet, till you get a full set of test result and know what kind of water situation you have.

Enjoy! Keep us posted!

Thanks for the advice, I was scared to wake up tomorrow to a green pool. There is alot of dirt on the floor of the pool, also some small pebbles. I have a cartridge filter. Is there a way vacuum to waste, or just vacuum and then rinse the cartridge? Can't wait for my test kit to get here tomorrow!!!

I felt so powerful when I got my test kit. I knew exactly what was in my pool and using "The Pool Calculator" I knew just what I needed to put in it. With a wife, 2 kids and a dog, it's one of the few things I have power over.

No, no vacume to waste on a cart. Pick up the pebbles by hand and then vacume the rest. You shouldn't have to hose off the filter after one vacuming tho. Keep an eye on your normal pressure. Did you write down your beginning pressure reading on your PSI gauge? That's always a good thing to take note of.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.