Invisible Slime On Walls

Jul 17, 2014
Somers, ct
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My vinyl liner always seems to have an invisible slightly slippery coating on it. You can't see it, only feel it. If I raise the FC to shock levels, it goes away. As soon as I return to normal FC levels, it returns. I brush it away and it's back the next day. My chemistry is good
FC 4
CC 0
Ch 310
CYA 80
PH 7.5
Copper .3
TA 80

Any ideas?

Its been this way for years. I don't want to have to maintain the pool at shock levels. I don't have any problems with algae at all. At least, not visibly. My water is pristine. People often comment on how clean it is.

Yup. Your FC is too low for maintenance mode and I get the feeling you are not following the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process through to completion by passing the 3 criteria.

Be forewarned that if your copper gets much higher, staining and green hair are in your future. We do not recommend the use of those systems. And the fact that you are still getting algae pretty much indicates that it is not helping you any.

Are you using liquid chlorine as your chlorine source ?
With your current CYA level your min FC level is 6 and you should be targeting 10.
You may want to consider lowering your CYA level a bit. For a non SWG pool your CYA level should be 30-50 ppm. High CYA level means high SLAM level FC. Yours is 31. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.