Cody Pools Austin Texas

Starsky

LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2008
I just had a 24K gunite SWG pool built by Cody Pools. It was a reasonably simple build, no spa, freeform, with pebblesheen and sundek. I used the Parmer Lane location and Steve Smith was the pool salesman/designer. Tom was the pool builder/supervisor.

The design and planning on the build was easy. I told Steve what I was looking for, had an example from their website "The Coleman pool build" and we went from there. I ended up wanting it 4 ft longer and 2 ft wider and that was incorporated easily. Steve wasn't well versed in CAD so I didn't get a cool computer 3-D of my pool plan prior to the build but I don't think that affected my results in any negative way. After talking with another pool builder, eventually I struck a deal and signed the contract. Once the permits were in place I was passed off to Tom. Tom couldnt make our first meeting and I never saw him until after the excavation due to my work schedule and not living in the house. Tom was available by phone and would call almost every day, to let me know what was next and what was done. I think I finally met Tom in person after gunite and plumbing.

Every issue or question I had, Tom would respond to it. I am installing a hot tub on the pool deck and needed extra heavy wire run to the pool equipment panel so it can be tied into later. Tom had his electrician upgrade the wiring from my main breaker to handle the pool equipment plus my spa at no extra charge.

Part of my pool build you can find under "How Not to Build a Pool" in that I was absent most of the time. I work nights and would go to sleep, wake up and it has gunite. You can see by the pictures of my build I don't have a picture of the workers actually working. I only seen them one time.. when they were pouring the deck. So had this company been incompetent, I would likely be in hot water. However, this build was almost flawless as far as I can tell. From start to finish was about a month. This included about a 7 day period where they were waiting on the concrete crew for the deck. They put my yard back in order, and brought in fill dirt to fix any scars from the equipment.

So obviously I recommend Cody Pools if your building in the Austin area. And I would request Tom if you can, he was really available, responsive, and did what he said.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.