New pool, first time owner

Re: GE

So they got a move on it because of rain early this week. These guys showed up on Sunday to start. I'm sure i heard no work on Sunday but yet they came. Steel and stub out of piping done.
evesany9.jpg

7uqyhyta.jpg

See that blue with yellow stripe jumper/slide to the right of my shed. That thing was running almost all day Saturday and Sunday and putting lots of water down on the back of my yard. Some water in the bottom of the pool hole was from the area of the dirt slide on Saturday but as the steel guys finish i notice water coming from the other direction(where the slide was).There was 3 to 4 inches of water sitting on the backside of the garden and it wasn't draining anywhere. These people haven't done anything like this in the 4 plus years they lived there and yet they go big on the weekend of my pool dig. With one area of dirt weak all i need is another problem, so i dug out my little channel on the side of the yard so this water can go somewhere. Not to spoil somebobys fun but i was about to ask them to shut it down. They shut it down just before i was going to go ask. Don't even know if this was a real problem, but i wasn't in the mood for more problems.

They did mess up the spa spillover in that it was left too high because ours is going run over the rock and into the pool so the PB got in there and dug out some of the Gunite on the spillover himself. He said they just did what most pools have on their spa, the little shelf that spills into the pool. It was fun to watch him get in there and do a little work himself. LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's going to be 6 inches of water on tanning ledge. That's what the PB suggested, i was leaning to 9 inches but PB thought 6 would be better as far as getting into the pool. I'm cool with that.

Tile and coping sometime next week. Man, the PB showed us pic's of two other spas with stacked stones on a 12 inch high like ours and a 18 inch high spa with the stone on the face not stacked and both had the stones for the water fall. Boy i wish i had pressed for a 18 inch high spa because that one in the picture is just soooooo good looking. I mean they both look good and the PB said he can do our 12 inch high spa just like the 18 inch high spa. To me there isn't enough space in the 12 inch face of our spa to get that same look as that 18 inch high spa. Unless he can use bigger stones than the 18 inch spa because it has two rows of stone to cover the whole face. Maybe i'm wrong but i think the stacked stone is the way for us to go. It will still look great i think.

They dug everything by hand on one of the hottest days so far this year. We meet with the PB and he said they have a machine to do the digging but they didn't bring it. We picked the waterline tile with the PB and he showed samples of the other materials we picked. Think we are done with the picking stuff out, just time to get this done now. Maybe 2 to 3 more weeks.

ahytusap.jpg
e9ynypag.jpg
mybybeta.jpg

Oh my poor backyard. I know they have to tear it up to do the work but man it's hard. To remember all that work i did to get it looking good. Well guess i can't fuss too much because machine digging would have be much worse than them digging by hand.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.