Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
Hello all:

I've been using the TFPC method since we got out pool 5 years ago. No algae, no problems, everything is good.

been having a slight problem thees past few months. My water is not as clear as it typically is. Generally I can see very clearly a coin on the bottom of the 6' deep end. While I can still see a coin, there is a slight haze to the water that I just cannot get rid of.

Here are my readings from yesterday (TF-100)...

FC: 6.5
CC: 0.0
pH: 7.6
TA: 60
CYA: 50
CH: 230
Salt: about 3500 (this is the one test I had done at the pool store)

I did have a slightly functioning salt cell which I recognized very early on and augmented with 8.25% bleach until this weekend when my new cell was installed. New cell is working fine and verified by testing a few hours after installation with a TF-100 test.

Aside from that, everything seems well and good except for the "polish" that I am accustomed to.

Might I be a candidate for clairifier? I have never added anything to the pool aside from the TFPC ingredients, so adding something our of my norm has me questioning.

Thanks!

Since when did this hazy problem begin? Do you remember what, if any, chemicals you added right before that?

I'm no expert on SWGs, but I see you do have a cartridge filter. Have you replaced those filters in the last 5 years? If not, they could be nearing the end of their lifetimes.

Your test results look fine to me. I would not add any clarifiers or any chemicals until you know what exactly is going on.

I notices the slight haze about a month ago.

No odd additions. Just added CYA, and calcium using the ingredients I have used for the past 5 seasons.

Cart was cleaned at opening (well it was cleaned and soaked from last year) and cleaned again earlier this season. Cart is only 1 yr old.

Pressure is up in the range for cleaning again so that is on tap for next weekend. I also use a skimmer sock to pre-filter pollen etc before it hist the cart and that gets emptied every AM.

yardoasis: Fiberglass - I added the CH to keep it in range just to be safe even though it most likely does not matter.

bama: I was considering that to be a good middle step and double check just to be sure. Depending on weather, I will get to that tonight.

OCLT from yesterday

night
TC = 7.0
CC = 0.0

morning
TC = 5.5
CC = 0.0

but...... CC turned less clear, not really pink. a drop cleared it up again. So somewhere less than 0.5 CC if that is possible :eek:)

SLAM time or not??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.