EasyTouch 8 not functioning (zero animation working)

Hello, I am truly hoping I can get a little insight here or at least somewhere to jump from. I have an EasyTouch 8 with IC40 Intellichlor Salt Chlorinator. We wet into the Pool/Spa one day and as soon as I got in I could smell that the pool had zero chlorine in it. I understand that the Chlorinator doesn't work in low temps but we're in the 90-100s. So I went to the pool equipment and saw that there were no lights lit on the chlorinator so I decided to take care of all the usual suspects. I turned off and on the breakers. Plugged and unplugged the chlorinator from the EasyTouch 8 control panel. Cleaned the Chlorinator and my filters. Then I plugged the chlorinator back in and the lights flickered and the chlorinator never turned back on. Water came out of the sides of the chlorinator and my husband said it started to smoke (didn't see that one myself) At this point we decided that the Chlorinator was done. We go to close up the EasyTouch control panel and realize that it is now NOT WORKING! I switched the breaker back and forth and the screen turns on and back off again. When the panel is running for the short time that it does (30 seconds to a minute at most) there is a spot on the mother board across from the transmitter that gets really hot, untouchably so, just below where the transmitter wires plug into the panel. Now we are not sure what came first the chicken or the egg. Did the Chlorinator go bad and blow our panel or vice versa? Are there any other usual suspects with this equipment that could have caused this?

15,000 gallon inground salt water pool and connecting spa.
Easy Touch 8 with IntelliChlor IC40
Pentair 4 speed cartridge filter.
Polaris caretaker floor cleaner Pentair MasterTemp 400HD heater

Welcome to TFP!

All of that could have been caused by a nearby lightning strike. Lightning can induce large currents into equipment that will sometimes burn it out. This isn't all that likely, as the lightning needs to be rather close, but it is one of the few things that could account for both units failing at the same time.

Thank you for the welcoming as well as the advice I wish that were the case because it would at least be some kind of answer but I live in sunny California I haven't seen lightening strike down in my area in all my 35 years, any other ideas??? I would love any other insight you or anyone else might have??

15,000 gallon inground salt water pool and connecting spa.
Easy Touch 8 with IntelliChlor IC40
Pentair 4 speed cartridge filter.
Polaris caretaker floor cleaner Pentair MasterTemp 400HD heater

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.