Need Help with Pump Motor

May 27, 2014
Maine
So, I need to replace my pump motor. It turns on, hums for about 5 seconds, and then shuts itself off. It's progressively been getting louder the past few weeks, and I was just waiting for it to die. I've tried replacing the capacitor, but it didn't work. I'm pretty sure it's the bearings. The problem is, the pump motor appears to be a discontinued one.

My pump motor # is C48L29104, It Is a 1-1/2 - 1/4 2 speed motor, 230 V, 3450/1725 RPM.

I found this pump motor:

http://www.inyopools.com/Products/00200017003529.htm

It matches all my specs, but my motor does not have the top mount capacitor thingy on top. Will this still work? My pump is a Max E-Pro, but that is not one of the ones listed under "used on the following models."

Can I get another motor as long as it matches the specs I listed? How do I know if the mount is the same? Is there only 2 styles (square and circle)?

What "specs" did you match?

What is the service factor of the old motor?

What is the frame of the old motor?

If you can post a picture of the motor label, it would help.

The motor you picked out should work fine but have you thought about downsizing too? 1 1/2 HP is a little large unless you have a spa or other water feature. What is the size of your cartridge filter?

Cartridge Filter is 400 sq. ft. I only run the high speed for vacuuming and run the low speed (~6 hrs a day) the rest of the time for circulation. I am going to order the 1-1/2 hp motor mostly b/c I don't want to have to worry about changing the impeller and messing with the current set-up of the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.