Help: Intex pump died

jmcdtucson

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2014
Flagstaff, AZ
Pool Size
After only 2 weeks of operation my Intex 1500gpg sand filter pump has died. It started to make screechy noises the other day, and now it just kind of hums when I start it, but there is no pumping action.

What do I do while I'm working on getting a replacement under warranty? Should I shock it so the water stays clean?
Any advice on working with Intex? Or am I missing something I could troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Keep your testing up, and dose as needed. If you have kids, have them mix the water by running in circles, jump out, you dose, wait 10-15 min, have them do it again. Brushing the pool also helps mix the water. I think you may be able to do this for a few days.

You pump probably uses skate bearings, 608 Z, ZZ or RS. Easy to replace, if you don't mind invalidating the warranty. The screeching was probably the bearings seizing up. If you remove the top cover, you should be able to reach the cooling fan. See if you can get that to move.

I called Intex and they should be sending me a new pump. So now the waiting begins. Last time I dealt with Intex they were very fast. Any one have any experience? I'm leaving for a week in 6 days so I'm wondering if I need to buy a backup pump motor.

Intex service is great. This is the 2nd pump I've had die (2 separate pools) and both time they shipped me a new motor quickly and with no hassle. I upgraded to a bigger filter (3000 gph) and will keep this motor as a backup.

I just got off the phone with them because our 2100GPH pump is making crazy noises, they're replacing it no questions asked. I just have to figure out the same issue, if it quits working getting bleach in the pool. I'll be gone this weekend praying it holds out. I've only been running it enough to mix in the bleach.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.