Free Test Kits?

Jul 8, 2014
East Coast
Check this out.

This website seems to be giving away free test kits. They are recommending us to use them to test public pool water before entering.

Has anybody happened to have ordered one. I believe it's just a basic generic OTO & pH.

The facts on the website seem accurate, and the WHOIS for the website's domain is of the American Chemistry Council.

My Aqua Chem basic test kit is still full (only about 8 tests conducted), and I'll be ordering a TF-100 or K-2006 soon (probably the TF-100), so I didn't want to order one and waste the resources. If this is legit, I think it is a great resource. The thing is that people who don't know anything about pools who swim in public pools are probably not going to search anything about a free test kit online to find this...

To me, the cl reading isn't much good without knowing the CYA level. A 4 or a 5 is acceptable with a lower CYA level, but if the CYA is high, that level would be low and there could be bacteria present. The PH might be good to know because of skin and eye irratation. Just my opinion, fwiw.

Good point, that reminds me that combined chlorine is commonly present in public pools at higher amounts than we would prefer. That means that the potentially OTO test kits can report 5 ppm of FC when it could actually be 4ppm of FC and 1ppm of CC!

The page before the one to which you linked shows these test kits to be test strips.
test_link3.jpg

I suspect they'll be these:
asset-get.product.image.jsa

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.