Sand filter deep clean question

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
Earlier today I watched the deep clean tutorial and decided it was something I should tackle. My filter is in its second season and I had never done it, only backwashed and rinsed. I didnt think it would take long, as it is only a 14". I was wrong.30 minutes or more wrong.
30 minutes in I could hear thunder, so I decided I better get everything wrapped up before too long. I reassembled everything easily, backwashed, rinsed and checked for leaks. Good to go. Flow was improved out of the return. I left the filter run, as the storm seemed to be slow in arriving. When I went to turn it off about 20 minutes later, the pressure had risen by about 40%, but the storm was near, and I couldn't do anything about it. I had taken note of the pressure when I first turned it on and it was where it usually sits after a backwash. Should I reopen it when the weather clears and redo the deep clean, or just backwash again? ( the back wash after the cleaning stayed dirty for about 3 minutes before going clean)

I was scared to try, until I watched the video, ha ha. My pressure doesn't usually go up much on my pump, that is why I was concerned. I will keep a close eye on it when I run it tomorrow. Looks like an all evening rain/thunder event. Going to be cool weather the next few days :cry:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.