New all glass tile IG pool build - Houston, TX

Looks fantastic! Mind if I ask how much the approximate cost difference between the tile finish you have versus a pebble finish?

That's what I was wondering. I have glass waterline tile and it's also on the top of the 1 foot wide X 9 feet long wall where my spa empties into my pool. My pool is 20 x 20 and it was very expensive compared to ceramic tile.

By the way, I really love the pool. Very nice.

About $8000 more. I did not want the roughness of the pebble. I would have liked the Pebble where they grind it down like a terrazzo, but my PB was not confident in the finish.

Looks fantastic! Mind if I ask how much the approximate cost difference between the tile finish you have versus a pebble finish?

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the kind words everyone. I am very happy with how it turned out, especially the color. you can see the wonderful blue in some of the pictures. the LED's with the changing lights really help to enhance the look. the night pic was taken with a sky blue color since the white has a tinge of yellow that makes the blue tiles look slightly green/aqua.

Please say you kept a crate or two of those tiles - I fear glass tile will be another of those things which will allow archeologists to point to it and say - Aha! this was built between 2008 and 2019.
And that particular color and pattern will be a pain to match.

I had someone install (and done reasonably well) about 200 sq ft of Home Depot $1.79/sq ft "ceramic tile" - on the floor. Of the entryway and kitchen. Why yes, it IS a mess - but if I could match it, I'd just replace the chipped, fractured, broken tiles, and let the next slob do it right.
Guess what? HD still carries the same tile - but not in the same color.

Grab spares if you still can.

Dave, on your messed up tiles in the house. Could you just pick a total contrast and put it in like you meant to do it? Even if you have to replace a few that are still good to make it look like it was on purpose it might work.

Kim

Thanks for sharing the info and are you pleased with how it feels on the feet? It looks so AWESOME and if ever the opportunity comes up to build another pool I'm going to seriously consider this. IMO it's by far and away the most luxurious looking surface for a pool and I would think it's more durable than a pebble finish. The only pool with tile for the whole surface I've ever seen in person was at Hearst Castle (Indoor Roman Pool)....now that's a pool with some serious BLING!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Please say you kept a crate or two of those tiles - I fear glass tile will be another of those things which will allow archeologists to point to it and say - Aha! this was built between 2008 and 2019.
And that particular color and pattern will be a pain to match.

I had someone install (and done reasonably well) about 200 sq ft of Home Depot $1.79/sq ft "ceramic tile" - on the floor. Of the entryway and kitchen. Why yes, it IS a mess - but if I could match it, I'd just replace the chipped, fractured, broken tiles, and let the next slob do it right.
Guess what? HD still carries the same tile - but not in the same color.

Grab spares if you still can.

Yes, I kept two stacks of tile, though I wonder how that gets fixed when they pop out at the bottom of the pool.

You might be able to cut the tiles to match the gap, then dive down and replace them with the water still in. I've had backup plaster in my garage since I moved in. I've never used it, but little 1" holes of the pool floor has been re-plastered. I've also seen a patch of a vinyl liner done with the water in on YouTube. One can only assume.

Thanks for sharing the info and are you pleased with how it feels on the feet? It looks so AWESOME and if ever the opportunity comes up to build another pool I'm going to seriously consider this. IMO it's by far and away the most luxurious looking surface for a pool and I would think it's more durable than a pebble finish. The only pool with tile for the whole surface I've ever seen in person was at Hearst Castle (Indoor Roman Pool)....now that's a pool with some serious BLING!

the glass itself is very smooth, but the grout lines do help to give some grip, so its not that slippery. it does feel smooth overall except where tiles don't fit flush. This is not a pool finish for those who are OCD. For the most part, all tiles are smoothly transitioned especially considering the curves, this tile guy did a great job. some areas could have been better but overall I am pleased and would do it again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.